Hi, new design babies! Get ready to get so close to InDesign and Illustrator because they are going to be your best friends for this semester! I know you are probably really nervous considering GRA 217 was the only design course offered prior. But here are some tips on how to tackle this course!
- Do not underestimate the power of Pinterest~ I have become such a superfan since going through this course! There are so many cool designs and artwork posted on Pinterest and it’s always a great place to roam when searching for inspiration or attacking that creator’s block.
- Try to come up with many different sketches/ideas before starting a new project – a lot of the times I would pull different elements from my many different sketches/ideas to come up with my final product.
- DESIGN WORK THAT YOU LOVE/CARE ABOUT – it will make the process 100% more enjoyable
- There is no free time… work on projects as often as you can, there are always things that can be changed/fixed. Also, so you don’t have to pull all-nighters like the rest of us.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things on the programs, you can youtube anything nowadays and you only get better by trying.
- Claudia is always right ;)
- Don’t stress, everything will be okay.
Good Luck! xox